About Our Parish
The first Greek immigrants arrived in this area at the beginning of the 20th century. As their numbers increased, some members of the original community consolidated their meager savings, and purchased a wooded structure which previously was a Welsh church.
In 1919, the St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church was incorporated and charted by the city.
In the 1950’s, as the parish expanded, the small building became inadequate, and soon money was raised to build a new worship space and social hall on the original grounds.
In 1960 the church was constructed, dedicated, and remains as our house of worship to this day. A building consisting of classrooms was purchased adjacent to the church for the purposes of religious instruction.
Since its inception, our parish has grown significantly. It continues to strive to bear more effective witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, as expressed in the apostolic tradition and worship of the Greek Orthodox Church. We invite you to also participate in this witness by joining the fellowship and worship of our parish.
Phocas the Holy Martyr, Bishop of Sinope; Ezekiel the Prophet; Pelagia the Righteous of Tinos; Trophimos & Theophilios and the 13 others martyred in Lycia; St. Anna of Levkadio; The Icons of the Most Holy Theotokos of Pochaev; Icon of the Mother of God